Saturday, December 15, 2012

Elegant, French Burlap Christmas Decor






























       This Christmas I was shooting for a French Style Christmas Tree.  I had this ambitious idea of combining burlap and gold.  Little did I know when I originally started gathering supplies, that this would be a more ambitious task than I originally thought it would be.  But in the ened the two came together in a surprisingly cohesive way thanks to the ivory burlap, natural wraffia and magnolia flowers.   
    This year, my house was on the prgressive dinner tour for our school district.  And I got a couple comments from co-workers who said I needed to blog about my decor and/or share it on pinterest.  I will have more images from some of my other Chrismas decorations that follow this theme coming soon.  So, this post is for them.
    My mother created the tree skirt out of ivory and tan burlap.  She also put in some off white eyelet lace, which was just the perfect touch.  The stocking are sewn burlap with raw edges and the top is off white eyelet lace as well with a fabric ruffle flower.  So a giant thanks to my mom for the skirt.  I love it!!!
    The star was once silver but my husband spray painted it a dark red, along with our stocking holders.  I like them much better as they are just a bit different than our previous decorations.  Plus, it was a very inexpensive change.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment